Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: pkg-config-0.23a-1

Damon Register wrote:
name@address wrote:

Please do not feed the harvesters. Do not quote email addresses in replies.

The pkg-config program is used to retrieve information about installed libraries in the system, including the CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and other information necessary to compile and link against one or more libraries.

post 0.23 release:
is this the one called 0.23a-1 in the subject?

These are official changes to upstream pkg-config's repository, after the 0.23 release.

pkg-config 0.23
this is just plain 0.23?

yes.

Has anyone successfully used 0.23a-1?  I just updated my Cygwin
installation this morning and I see the pkg-config version I got is
this new 0.23a-1.  I have the PKG_CONFIG_PATH set and echo shows it

$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:/c/cygwin/lib/pkgconfig

This should probably be /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig (if you have C:/cygwin mounted as /, and C:/cygwin/lib mounted as /usr/lib (which is the normal configuration).

When I try to do a simple test, pkg-config segfaults

confirmed.

I'll look into it, and thanks for the report. pkg-config passed all of its built-in testsuite, but it appears there is some missing "coverage" in those tests!

--
Chuck