Re: /dev/fd0 no medium found and does not exist?

Well, I had to do dd if=floppyimage of=/dev/fd0 but other than that, I
don't need /dev/fd0.

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:55 AM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On May  6 21:12, Adam McCarthy wrote:
>  > \\.\a: on /dev/fd0 type system (binmode)
>
>  This sort of device mount is deprecated for many years. Read
>  http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#id319619
>
>  OTOH, what are you trying to do?  /dev/fd0 is only for raw device
>  access.  If you just want to copy files to or from the drive, the path
>  to your drive is available as /cygdrive/<DRIVELETTER>, as in your
>  mount table:
>

>  > d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)
>  > m: on /cygdrive/m type system (binmode,noumount)
>  > y: on /cygdrive/y type system (binmode,noumount)
>  > z: on /cygdrive/z type system (binmode,noumount)
>

>  Corinna
>
>  --
>  Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
>  Cygwin Project Co-Leader          cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
>  Red Hat
>
>  --

Adam McCarthy - Currently 19 years old with the energy of a 3 year old
but the knowledge of a 50+ year old.

-MySpace: www.myspace.com/mrredpenguin
-AIM: JTownHomie50
-MSN Messenger: adam15906@hotmail.com
-Yahoo Messenger: Adam1215906

-Dedicated Cambria County, PA, USA Radio/Police Scannerer
-Dedicated CamTran(Ubran)/CamTran+(Rural) Rider/Buff(Fan)
-Dedicated CamTran+ Rural VIP Pass Buyer
-Dedicated UNIX/Linux Amateur/Buff
-Dedicated Computer Amateur/Buff
-Dedicated NYC Online Scanner Listener
-Dedicated Pennsylvania Highlands Community College/Cambria County
Community College Computer/Technical Student
-Dedicated at some many other things it would make my signature 25+ pages long