Re: Subversion problems with "svn switch", "svn co", "svn switch", because of 'wrong' permissions in .svn/ directories

Hello,

* On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:58:53PM +0200 Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Well, it might be very well that Subversion always uses binary mode
> for file I/O,

Indeed, it seems so.

This topic came up before (see the thread started at
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2005-02/0993.shtml), and the way
Subversion works has not been changed yet. In
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2005-02/1034.shtml, it is described as
follows:

  Look at the function svn_subst_eol_style_from_value() in the file
  subversion/libsvn_subr/subst.c. That function determines what the
  various svn:eol-style settings mean and you will see that "native"
  leads to APR_EOL_STR, i.e. Subversion gets the value from APR.

There is even a work-around available to change this behaviour:

  You could change svn_subst_eol_style_from_value() and rebuild
  Subversion, or you could change APR_EOL_STR and rebuild all of APR,
  APR-UTIL and Subversion, it depends what behaviour you want.

Anyway, I already asked for the Antivirus-Workaround upstream, I will
propose some change here, too.

Unfortunately, as Subversion is currently at 1.5 RC4, I doubt they will
include such changes for 1.5. Anyway, I will try.

Best regards,
   Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis                              http://opencbm.sf.net/