RE: Subversion problems with "svn switch", "svn co", "svn switch", because of 'wrong' permissions in .svn/ directories

Spiro Trikaliotis wrote on 21 April 2008 11:24:

> Hello,
>
> * On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 06:59:56PM +0200 I wrote:
>> Ok, here is the description: Sometimes (!) when I do a "svn co" or "svn
>> up", I get the following error:
>>
>> svn: Can't move 'src/arch/riscos/.svn/tmp/all-wcprops' to
> 'src/arch/riscos/.svn/all-wcprops': Permission denied
>
> Here, I have lied obviously. The problem is not related to the
> Subversion client of Cygwin: In fact, it has nothing to do with Cygwin at
> all.
>
> It is a problem of my Anti-Virus solution. So, I have already contacted
> the company which develops it.

  Ah, this problem happens sometimes: the anti-virus on-access scanner keeps a
handle open to the file a bit too long, interfering with normal operations
that require unshared access.

> I am sorry for the confusion, and I hope no one of you invested much
> time to debug this problem yet.

  No problem at all, in fact thanks for the report: we keep a list of programs
that are (or have been in some versions) known to cause interference of this
sort with cygwin:

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.bloda

  Would you mind telling us the name of the AV software at fault, so that we
can add it to the list?  It would also be helpful if you could identify a
running process, installed executable or registry key path that can be used to
detect if the AV in question is installed, as we can then add automatic
detection in cygcheck.exe; hopefully, if anyone else runs up against this
problem, we can save them the pain of trying to diagnose it.

> http://opencbm.sf.net/
> http://www.trikaliotis.net/
> http://www.viceteam.org/

   Yay cool retro!