Subversion problems with "svn switch", "svn co", "svn switch", because of 'wrong' permissions in .svn/ directories

Hello,

I have run into the following issue with Subversion on cygwin. Note that
this problem does not occur when running the original Subversion
versions from subversion.tigris.org; unfortunately, the ones from
trigris.org do not work in a cygwin bash.

Ok, here is the description: Sometimes (!) when I do a "svn co" or "svn up",
I get the following error:

svn: Can't move 'src/arch/riscos/.svn/tmp/all-wcprops' to 'src/arch/riscos/.svn/all-wcprops': Permission denied

Note that the directory ('src/arch/riscos/') can be different.
Additionally, sometimes, it is not "all-wcprops", but the file
"entries".

To me, this seems to be related to the permissions of these files: 444
aka r--r--r--. It seems to fail to overwrite the file in
.svn/all-wcprops with the working copy from .svn/tmp/all-wcprops, as the
permissions are not set for writing.

As this error does not occur always, I would expect there is a race
between different code paths.

Note that a "svn switch" always results in the above error line. Thus,
for debugging purposes, using "svn switch" might be a much better
alternative.

This problems happens on two different computers, both running XP SP2. I
attached the output of "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" to this mail,
as requested on http://cygwin.com/problems.html.

Oh... If it is important, I have used DOS line endings when I installed
Cygwin. Additionally, today, I upgraded to the latest version, just to
make sure it is not fixed yet. Additionally, I could not find this
problem mentioned in this mailing list here.

Regards
Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis                              http://opencbm.sf.net/