Re: gcc version 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125) Internal compiler error

Cory Cohen wrote:

> Several days ago I sent a bug report about an internal compiler error to
> the cygwin and gcc-bugs lists.  I've not heard back anything from either
> of the lists, and was wondering if there was something more that I
> needed to provide.  I realize there's no support contract here, and I'm
> not expecting that a solution be handed to me.  I'm happy to investigate
> further if someone will point me in the right direction.  But so far I
> think I've done exactly what was asked of me to report the report the
> problem...
>
> Should I try to create a ticket in gcc bugzilla?  Has anyone been able
> to reproduce the problem?  Will cygwin or gcc track this problem?  Am I
> done, and I just need to wait patiently for someone to get to it?  I'm
> just wondering what to do now...

Reporting it to the Cygwin list is the correct place.  Don't bother
emailing gcc-bugs or any other gcc list, because a) gcc-bugs is mainly
just for bugzilla-generated traffic and isn't monitored for bugs not
reported through bugzilla, b) gcc 3.4 has not been closed and
unmaintained in years; you'd be directed to try 4.3 or 4.2, and c) our
gcc 3.4 is heavily patched anyway, part of the reason why we don't offer
4.x yet.

Brian