Re: Attn: cygport, openssh, and exim/cron maintainers [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: csih-0.1.3-1]

On Apr  7 21:18, Charles Wilson wrote:
> I'm trying to be explicit about licensing in csih for the next release. I
> realize it's a little silly to use the GPL on a script (binary == source,
> right?), but it may be necessary because part of it is derived from
> cygport, which is GPLv3.
>
> csih (the script part) has been derived from a number of sources:
>
> #   ssh-host-config Copyright 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Red Hat Inc.
> #     part of the Cygwin port of OpenSSH
> (no explicit licensing)

It's implicitely BSD licensed due to it's nature to be part of the
OpenSSH source tree.  I will stick to this notion for the
ssh-host-config and ssh-user-config script.

> #   cygport         Copyright (C) 2006, 2007 Yaakov Selkowitz
> #     GPL v3
> (mostly the messaging functions: csih_inform, csih_error, etc)
>
> #   exim-config     Copyright Pierre A. Humblet, 2003-2007.
> #   cron-config     Copyright Pierre A. Humblet, 2003-2007.
> (no explicit licensing)
>[...]
> Can I use the MIT/X license for the portions of
> cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh that were derived from the config
> script(s) under your control?

The MIT license is fine with me.

Corinna

Red Hat