Re: How do I run sshd as a particular user?

[I'm reposting this with a couple of corrections/clarifications and also to raise its visibility since I didn't get any responses last time :-)]

It's been a month since Larry Hall replied to my last post on this topic (thanks, BTW), and this issue has bubbled up to the top again. I have tried various ways to get the sshd service started as a domain user (instead of the default local user "sshd_server") and can not get it to work. What is the correct syntax to specify a domain user with cygrunsrv? This is what I have tried:

cygrunsrv -I sshd -u "DOMAINNAME\USERNAME" -w PASSWORD -d "CYGWIN sshd" -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a -D -e "CYGWIN=bin tty smbntsec" -y tcpip

This successfully installs the service, and if I look at it in the Services control panel, it shows the correct username (DOMAIN \USERNAME), but if I try to start the service I always get the error "The Cygwin sshd service in Local Computer started and then stopped". If I substitute sshd_server for the user and supply the correct password, the sshd service starts correctly. But I want to start the service as a domain user so that I can access network shares and resolve some build issues with Visual Studio that are apparently caused by not being fully authenticated.

Alfred