RE: diff utility...

Joe Saunders wrote on 13 March 2008 19:29:

> I downloaded cygwin to my XP desktop and assumed there
> would be a diff utility in th shell or utilities..
> Did not see it...
>
> Then i went online at cygwin to get the diff utility. could not find a
> pakcage...

  It's there, it's just not one of the basic packages that are selected for
installation by default.

> There has to be one, what am i missing here...

  The cygwin website's package search feature:

http://cygwin.com/packages/

Try putting "diff" into the search box there.  Ah, quite a lot of hits, but
since you happen to know you're searching for the diff executable then it's
going to have a ".exe" extension and live in a directory called "bin", so
try "bin/diff.exe".

  Then install that package using setup.exe as normal.

    cheers,
      DaveK