RE: Runtime Error during Cygwin installation

Manikanta Gadamsetty wrote on 11 March 2008 06:47:

> Hi,
>
>    I have downloaded the Cygwin. when i am installing it i am getting a
> problem as
>
> Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library
> Runtime Error!
> Program:C\Documents and Settings\GadamsM\Desktop\rhsetup.exe
>           This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
> in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
> information.
>
> I am in urgent need of this.
>
> Can u please reply the solution for this as early as possible?

  It could be a known bug in setup.exe that can create corrupted listing
files in the setup database when you cancel an installation, which make it
crash next time it's run.  If you'd like, I've uploaded a bugfixed version
of setup.exe; if you try with this version

http://rapidshare.com/files/98717404/setup.exe

and if the problem was corrupt list files, that should fix it.

    cheers,
      DaveK