Uuencoded cygcheck - was - Re: chmod o-r woes...

Marc Girod wrote:

<snip>

I now add the updated and uuencoded cygcheck.out:

begin 700 cygcheck.uue

<snip>

I may have missed something in the recent conversation here or maybe it's
just my email client (Thunderbird) which doesn't automatically handle this
decoding but this is the first time the notion of uuencoding cygcheck output
has been brought to my attention.  Is this really a recommended way of
transmitting this information?  I can say for me it is an added hindrance
to looking at the data but perhaps others have email clients that make
this format more palatable.  Do we want to encourage its use as an
alternative?

Holliston, MA 01746