Re: Incomplete environ when running MinGW apps?

Phil Betts wrote:

Just export the variables you want.  That's the whole point of the
export command.

They're not my variables. I've written an app which runs on Linux and "Windows". Most of the time on "Windows", it's probably going to be running on Cygwin/bash. However, there's always going to be someone who runs it in a DOS box.

So, my problem is, how do I find out if they've got a sane shell or not? I can't ask them to export SHELL; I might as well just ask them to provide a command-line arg to tell me what their shell is anyway. I need some automatic way to do it.

Thanks

-Paul