Re: cygwin not working well with vista 64

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Ashutosh Singh
<ashutosh@almaden.ibm.com> wrote:
>    Hi,
>    I downloaded the lates cygwin and I still see problems with
>    createProcess.
>    fork() fails in many cases.
>    Editing files is also an issue. Has the issue been punted, should I
>    forget
>    about making cygwin work
>    reliably on windows. I need XWindows badly and would have to move back
>    Exceed. Other utilities
>    work fine. I have done the rebase etc, as mentioned in the forums.
>    regards,
>    Ashutosh

I have been running cygwin on Vista 64bit with no issues, and have not
had to do anything other than the regular installation.  I have not
had to rebase or anything.  The only config change I have made is to
disable UAC in Vista, so maybe that would help (though not the best
thing).

I have not used X Windows specifically though, so maybe there is an
issue directly related to that.