cygwin emacs Vista: linked dll data write copy failed

I used the latest setup program and was getting an error when opening xterms sporatically; if I got the error, the X-window wouldn't be created.  If I tried several times usually one would take.

Shelling or running perldb in emacs would consistently product this problem.

I got a message that said, "linked dll data write copy failed".

I found this on the web: http://pseudocode.cc/?m=200705

My problem was essentially the same as the one posted at the above URL.

The fix described there solved my problems as well.

It looks like this problem has been out there for a number of months and I was unable to find a reference to this work-around in this list's archive.  So I thought that I'd post it here.