When sshd is started at /etc/rc.d/init.d .. how to start with windows at bootup

In the course of just kind of following my nose during cygwin install
I managed to get sshd setup to start restart etc at

    /etc/rc.d/init.d cmd

I like that setup but it seems not to be conducive to working with
cygrunsrv or windows native  `net start cmd'  both of those approaches
fail.

   C:\>net start sshd
   The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
   The CYGWIN sshd service could not be started.
   The service did not report an error.
   More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534

   cygrunsrv -S sshd
   cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32
   error 1062:
   The service has not been started.

But it starts just fine this way:

   /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd start
  Starting sshd:                                             [  OK  ]

That is all fine with me except that I want sshd started on bootup
So that I can connect via ssh without having to go to the machine to
start sshd.

So what kind of mechanism is available to do this?  A batch file
maybe?  If so I may need a little coaching with that too.  I think I
could probably get close but I don't really know what commands might
be requred to get to `/etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd start' starting from a
windows dos prompt or at least initially from outside bash.