RE: ssh interactive shell not working

>     If I leave out the -k, I get no prompt but I am in, I can run commands, etc.

I was meaning the -i

I search the entire computer and only found the one bash.exe, in the existing cygwin home

Here are my cases:

1) If am on the ssh server itself, all works fine, I can logon via ssh localhost or ssh myhost. Get prompt and all looks good.
2) If I logon to the ssh server from any other machine with bash -i, "ssh myhost bash -i", all works fine, I get a prompt and can run commands
3) If I logon to the ssh server from any other machine the normal was, ssh myhost, it closes connections right away
4) If I logon to the ssh server from any other machine to just run a command, it works fine.  The command runs on ssh server and shell comes back
	ssh myhost ls -lart
      ssh myhost hostname
5) If I logon to ssh server from another computer behind the router, some subnet as server, using the server private ipaddress, 192.168.1.125, still get same issue.  So it is not a router issue.

It appears the issue is something to do with running the bash shell by default, it just does not for some reason.  I thought something was messed up with the cygwin config/install, so I deleted the dir and installed from scratch.  But I get the same errors.