hard link error on Vista with recent snapshots

I'm seeing a error when creating hard links under Vista using the
cygwin1.dll snapshots starting at cygwin1-20070802.dll (through at
least cygwin1-20080112.dll).

To reproduce:
  * stop/exit all cygwin processes
  * replace bin/cygwin1.dll with one of the snapshot dlls above
  * fire up bash and run the following commands:
      % rm -rf foo bar
      % touch foo
      % ln foo bar
      ln: creating hard link `bar' => `foo': Permission denied

I'm guessing that the error should be easily reproducible as I am running
on a pretty vanilla Vista + cygwin system.  But if not, I can dig deeper
and provide more information.

The issue seems to be specific to Vista as the same hard link test works
fine on WinXP with these snapshot dlls.

FYI, I am using the snapshots for rsh/rlogin support under Vista (for rsh
to a device where it is not not feasible to run an ssh server).  See
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-05/msg00361.html for details.
Using the cygwin1-20070717.dll snapshot (http://cygwin.com/snapshots/) is
a suitable workaround for me since both rsh and hard links appear to be
functional.

Herb.