Automatic Updates on 2003 with Cygwin

Hi,

I am running cygwin on Windows 2003. After there is an automatic update by Windows, it takes about 15 to 20 minutes before access is available to the Apache site over The Internet. This is true even though if do you a ps -ef, you see multiple copies of Apache running. Note that ssh works immediately. After the next update, Apache does not start at all. And, even when I start it by hand, it seems to run very slow.

Can anyone please give me a fix for this?

Note: I have turned of automatic updates.

Thanks,

Terry Bailey