From: A A <cw4279@yahoo.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:06:28 AM
Subject: ftp hangs

I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

I have XP Professional (5.1.2600 SP2) updated with the latest software
 from Windows update.

cygwin was installed with setup.exe about two weeks ago.

Here is a simple way to reproduce the problem:

$ ftp -A mirror.rhsmith.umd.edu
Anonymous login succeeded for cw@cw

After this the ftp hangs forever.

The same happens with all ftp sites I have tried.

Any advice for troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

CW

Be a better friend, newshound, and