Re: [BUG?] run.exe and pdflatex

> Now i wonder, if it's already safe or if it would be possible to use
> cygwin API (for example execve) from run.exe. To fix all the issues,
> run.exe really would have to use cygwin to start the command since only
> that will resolv all the issues (analysing the shebang, following
> symlinks, etc.).

OK, we cannot use execve, right? If we would, it would open yet another
console window will be opened for the program we'd like to exec, right?

So is there any cygwin call to analyse a path? A call, that simply
returns the program to execute, the parameters to pass, etc.?

It really would really be better pass all the work (finding shebang,
etc.) to cygwin so that it's consistent.