New to cygwin

Hello!

I'm completely new to cygwin (and generally to programming for the MS
Windows too). I'm working on a library and I need to use some socket
API in it. I decided to prepare port for win32, but it's much harder,
that I thought.
I found, that cygwin can make my life easier, especially a DLL
provided by you. Generally I need cygwin only for network related
functionality, for rest I use GLib.
I have a few questions:
1. I found, that functions like sendmsg and recvmsg are available in
cygwin, is it true?
2. What about IPv6, is it available in cygwin?
3. Does cygwin in some way support some other socket options, that win32 do?
4. How does  the performance look? Will my library have really poorer
performance if I use cygwin instead of winsock API?

--
Cya!
Tom