Re: cygwin.bat

123cu wrote:
First, I am a newbee to Cygwin so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I have a text file (aaa.txt) which contains a simple grep command. When I
start Cygwin.bat, I want this file to be started (executed) as part of
invoking the cygwin.bat file. I don't know how to do it. Any help will be
appreciated.

cygwin.bat file
@echo on

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
set HOME=\cygwin
bash --login -i

I could give you two ways to do that:

1) You simply have to edit /etc/bash.bashrc then add the line that executes aaa.txt. For example, if, as you say, your file aaa.txt is in "c:\temp dir" and contains a *simple* grep command, then the line on the /etc/bash.bashrc file would look like this:

`cat /cygdrive/c/temp\ dir/aaa.txt`

Note the backticks at the start and end of the line and note that the directory appears as:

"temp\ dir"

and not

"temp dir"

2) You could actually put the entire grep command on /etc/bash.bashrc if you wish.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Carlo

--