Re: Support for sa_sigaction

JoaquÃn MÂ LÃpez MuÃoz wrote:
Corinna Vinschen ha escrito:

On Nov 14 11:06, Joaqu?n M? L?pez Mu?oz wrote:
Hello,

The latest releases of Cygwin support include sa_sigaction member in the
structure sigaction, but older releases such as Cygwin 1.5.7 don't (I've just
checked it out with my 1.5.7 local copy).

How can I find the exact Cygwin release where sa_sigaction began to be
supported? I've scanned the web, the mailing lists archive and the CVS repo
looking for this piece of info, to no avail.
Use `cvs annotate' to find the date when sa_sigaction has been
introduced and then check against the release dates.  So, from what I
can tell, 1.5.7 should already have sa_sigaction.  sa_sigaction has been
introduced immediately when introducing the file include/cygwin/signal.h
on 2003-11-03, while Cygwin 1.5.7 has been released on 2004-01-31.

These dates are correct, but there's no include/cygwin/signal.h in my local copy of cygwin. I don't know which exact Cygwin package would bring that header in.

<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=include%2Fcygwin%2Fsignal%5C.h>

However, why is it important to know?  Just use the latest Cygwin
version and you're done.

In order to support legacy environments. I'm doing this reasearch in connection with the Boost Config Library (http://boost.org/libs/config/config.htm ).

Still not clear why it's important for you to live in the past. What exactly about upgrading is the problem?

Holliston, MA 01746