Re: Permissions/acl problem

Brian Dessent wrote:
"Larry Hall (Cygwin)" wrote:

the info already provided.  But given that the OP was able to list the
contents of the share from cron, he's managed this in some way.  Assuming
this information is not faulty, 'smbntsec' may indeed be what he needs to
manipulate permissions on these files.  But I would certainly encourage the
OP to review the current state of his configuration given the information
above and make sure that he's clear on what's required to accomplish the
desired end.

If it was a smbntsec problem, he would have had problems in both a normal user shell and from within the cronjob. But it worked fine from his normal account (without smbntsec set) and was read-only from within the cronjob, which to me implied that it was being accessed in the context of the guest account, i.e. it was still readable as guest but required authentication to write.

And the fact that he can access it at all through cron suggests that something else is going on. I'd say we're both in agreement that if the feedback given so far isn't enough for the OP to solve his problem, more information about the current configuration is required if we're going to have a chance of helping out.

Holliston, MA 01746