Re: rxvt, cmd programs and cursor keys

> I am running rxvt (native, non-X) and everything I need works fine
> except of one thing.
> Time to time I need to run cmd programs, like oracle's sqlplus or even
> cmd itself.
>
> They work fine except of the up/down arrow keys, which should cycle
> through command history in those programs. However, if they are
> started under rxvt, the arrow keys are not passed correctly to these
> programs, instead rxvt moves the cursor up or down.

I have actually found an acceptable workaround to have command history
working in cmd programs started from rxvt.

I've set up aliases to start these programs via rlwrap, for example:

    alias cmd='rlwrap cmd'
    alias sqlplus='rlwrap sqlplus'

and so on. This works perfectly for sqlplus, cmd, and a bunch of our
inhouse cmd programs (which I can't recompile under cygwin because
they link against proprietary libraries compiled by MSVC).