Re: Keyboard layout changed

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 17 22:18, Eric Lilja wrote:
Hi, I haven't used cygwin much the past month or so and I definetly haven't tampered with its setting, but when I launched it today I was surprised to find that my keyboard layout had changed from swedish to american. It had only changed in bash not in any other program. I'm running an american version of XP but I'm using a Swedish keyboard. The language bar or whatever it's called (that allows toggling layouts, you might not have seen this if you run american xp with american keyboard) that sits near the clock was disabled soon after first installing XP on this computer. I'm

This has nothing to do with Cygwin. Did you never try to get the language bar back after installing XP? It's a setting in Start Menu->Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Tab "Languages" ->Button "Details..."->Tab "Settings"->Button "Language Bar..." Here's a Checkbox "Show the Language bar on the desktop".

No, I didn't because I thought I had disabled the ability to change the language. Is changing it on a per-program basis because I only had the different layout under cygwin. Restarting cygwin didn't help. Was it some weird key sequence I happened to enter while working in bash? Anyway, when I rebooted today the problem was gone. Thanks for your reply.

Corinna