RE: Unable to recirsively delete a directory

On 16 October 2007 18:18, Paul McFerrin wrote:

> I've been seeing this same problem

  Specifically on a NAS over SMB?  Or are you talking about something you've seen happen on your local hard drive, which would very likely be a completely different problem?

> since B20!

  Say, you /could/ have mentioned it a little sooner ...  you've had nearly ten years now to write a bug report, y'know!

  The only time I've ever seen anything like this is when I've messed up, and the directory hasn't actually been empty, and I only thought it was because I forgot the -a flag to ls, or I've mistyped something or forgotten some perms.  Pilot error every time.  That's not to say it's impossible, and my first line of attack would be "Is this one of those versioning NASs and is it perhaps treating the directory as not-really-empty-because-you-might-want-to-roll-it-back-I-wonder?".

    cheers,
      DaveK