Re: Debugging with cygwin tools

Alberto Luaces wrote:

> I am just starting to learn how to use the debugging tools available in
> Cygwin. To do so, I have a test program deliberately designed to crash:
[snip]
> I have compiled it with debugging information:
>
> g++ -g -O0 -o core core.cpp
>
> Then I try to run it with gdb:
>
> gdb core.exe
>
> (gdb) b main
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x401175: file core.cpp, line 4.
> (gdb) r
> Starting program: /home/Demostración/testsC++/core.exe
> Error: dll starting at 0x77d41000 not found.
--^^^^^
Isn't this clear?

[snip]
> How can I finally debug my program?

You probably have a problem with your PATH, take a look at it with `echo $PATH`,
it should include /usr/bin and /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32 or similar if you
renamed the root, it should NOT have syntax errors... which is probably the
cause of your problem.
--
René Berber