RE: Huge memory leak, probably related to making new processes

Guys,

Thank you for the trouble of testing this. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm
whether this is a problem with any AV - I am not an admin on the machine in
question, cannot shut AV down.

About the kernel memory figures - they are increasing - much slower and in a
very unpredictable see-saw way, but they are. In fact, I ran it the second
time after a while (without restarting the computer) and it slowly released
a great deal of the kernel memory it had "allocated" - quite strange
behavior - one time it increases, the next time it decreases - couldn't find
any pattern.

At number 43500 (this must be hard-coded in Cygwin somewhere :)) the
"COUNTER test" (the last one Lewis also tried) died with:

  11831 [main] bash 3820 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Restarts would allow only at most a few more runs with the same error
following, e.g.:

136705676 [main] bash 3820 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

I tried to restart Cygwin, but could not run it again (the same kind of
error on startup).

What I can do is test this on my home machine (yes, I should have done that
already - doh) in the evening and let you know if this occurring on it too -
I will shut down anything necessary to get the offender if it occurs there.
However, I am glad that this is not a Cygwin-only problem, based on two
independent tests.

Thanks again!