Re: "cout" and "cerr" won't work after cygwin1.dll init from VC++

Francisco J. Royo Santas wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a VC++ program that uses a Cygwin-compiled DLL. I can init
> cygwin1.dll
> but, after doing this, cout and cerr stop working. cout << "Message" <<
> endl
> does not appear on the screen. I do not know exactly what happens here.
> The
> program is:
>
> cout << "Before" << endl;   // Appears
> HMODULE cygwinDll = LoadLibrary("cygwin1.dll");
> void (*init)() = (void (__cdecl *)(void)) GetProcAddress(cygwinDll,
> "cygwin_dll_init");
> init();
> cout << "After" << endl;    // Does nor appear
>
> What is going on here?? What do I have to do to have cout and cerr back
> normally??
>
> Thanks and G'bye
> Francisco J. Royo Santas
>

> --

Actually I had the same problem. I am trying to write a GP/PARI - package
for Python for Windows. GP/PARI is a software for numerical computation
which uses cygwin. After loading cygwin python stopped to produce any
output. The cure is to add "tty" parameter to the CYGWIN environment
variable.

Anton