Re: Can cron cause computer to wake up from hibernate?

Some time ago, it happened to me that my PC came out of hibernate without no apparent reason.

Initially I though that someone, accidentally, hit the keyboard causing the resume of the PC, but after disabling keyboard switch on, the problem persisted.

I then discovered that my network card was configured to wake up the PC when receiving certain kind of packets. Disabling that feature did the job.

Ciao,
		Danilo

Saurabh Tendulkar wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to troubleshoot why my pc comes out of hibernate. It seems like some of the times this happens correspond to cron jobs. Is it possible that cron could be (one of) the culprit(s) here? If so, is there a way to prevent cron from waking up the computer? Thank you.

saurabh