Re: perl 5.9.5 build results, cygwin

On 9/24/07, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
> Matthew Persico schrieb:
> > Attached, please find a log for make test, built on Vista Home Premium
> > und Cygwin. Only 5 test suites had failures:
> >
> > Failed 5 tests out of 1384, 99.64% okay.
> >         ../ext/IPC/SysV/t/ipcsysv.t
> >         ../ext/IPC/SysV/t/msg.t
> >         ../ext/IPC/SysV/t/sem.t
> >         ../ext/Sys/Syslog/t/syslog.t
> >         op/taint.t
>
> We know.
> These failures are described in the readme.

Ouch. My apologies. Shoulda read the readme.

> You need to support IPC by yourself because we don't check if the
> cygserver service is running.

That's easy.

> Your op/taint failure misses a recent patch, adding /bin to the path.
> blead passes this test.

Then I will not worry about these and continue to make install.

Thank you for your time.

And by the way, just by way of compliment for anyone who is
"listening" - I am actually finding it easier to set up cygwin on
Vista than to get Ubuntu running on a separate box! Damn shame cygwin
isn't its own distribution.

> --
> Reini Urban
> http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/