Re: Upgrade to git 1.5.3 broke git-commit

I am currently on git 1.5.2.2 that came with cygwin.
I'm not sure what permissions are required, and also don't really understand how
setting permissions in cygwin corresponds with XP.

That said, my .git folder looks like
drwxr-xr-x+ and the user is my user name and group is mkgroup-l-d

I used filemon and didn't see any access denied messages.
I also tried creating the .git/COMMIT_EDITMSG file myself but then when i ran
git commit it deleted that file and then told me it couldn't write a new file.

One thing that may be odd about my setup is that i have a c:\code folder that is
substd to q: and then i access files via /cygdrive/q/project/.git