Re: Issue with newest snapshot (2007-08-31)

On Sep  4 22:16, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Thorsten Kampe (Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:11:05 +0100)
> > Hi,
> >
> > with the newest snapshot a similar issue occurred as described in
> > http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-08/msg00186.html and fixed in
> > http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-08/msg00339.html
> >
> > The error is now (lots of these):
> [...]
>
> Some more information: this error starts (contrary to the one
> mentioned above) already when rsync starts "building the file list
> (and not when deleting on the target or copying to the target).
>
> The error starts after rsync counts up until about 7000 files (from
> about 80000 - which was no problem for the snapshot from 2007-08-13)

I just tried with the latest from CVS and I can't reproduce this
problem.  My rsync run built a file list of more than 200K files just
fine and then copied the files over as expected(*).  I don't think that
one of my patches from yesterday or today have anything to do with that
problem so it's a bit puzzeling to me why it happens for you.

Corinna

(*) Admittedly I stopped copying the files after about 12K files, but
    it really looked ok to me.

Red Hat