Re: Is there someone offering cygwin paid support?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 03:58:29PM +0900, d.henman wrote:
>Marko,
>   the best way for you would be to throw Windows out and use a
>mature unix like o.s.  Cygwin documents that it is not made for secure
>operation, due to Captial w windows, faults....

Cygwin potentially adds a whole other layer of insecurity on top of
Windows.  We do try to keep security in mind but, nevertheless, we don't
recommend using Cygwin in a secure instalation unless there has been quite
a bit of validation.

In other words, the burden of proving security is up to the person
deploying Cygwin.

cgf