Don't like "setup" for ocassional updates

Folks:

I've been using Cygwin for many years (~7-8yrs) and I like it very much. Can't do without it.

I'm running a "Sacred" version B20. No one touches it! I have total control. As a result, I normally do NOT like upgrades. They always cause me more work to fix problems created by others, determine what has change, and fix problems caused by "setup". I fact I recently blew away two working copies of B20 because of setup. I need to know some full pathnames to retreive distributions without going thru setup. Yes, setup on a "Sacred", running system is "evil". No more.

Under my "release" directory, there are several packages sub-directories whci contains files that failed to get installed. Is there a easy way to "safely" complete the install of these packages. I manually installed the man_conf file so at least it knew how to treat all of my .bz2 manual pages. I know there are still missing man pages that need to be installed.

   2. Easy waay to complete installation of missing components:
X11/               cygutils/    groff/         mingw-runtime/  ssmtp/
_obsolete/         cygwin/      gzip/          mktemp/         tar/
_update-info-dir/  cygwin-doc/  jbigkit/       mutt/           tcltk/
alternatives/      db/          jpeg/          nano/           tcsh/
ash/               editrights/  less/          ncurses/        termcap/
base-files/        expat/       libXpm-noX/    opengl/         terminfo/
base-passwd/       expect/      libgcrypt/     openssl/        texinfo/
bash/              file/        libgpg-error/  patch/          tiff/
bc/                findutils/   libiconv/      pcre/           unzip/
binutils/          fontconfig/  libpng/        perl/           vim/
brltty/            freeglut/    libssh2/       popt/           w32api/
bzip2/             gawk/        libusb-win32/  python/         which/
compface/          gcc/         libxml2/       readline/       xpm-nox/
coreutils/         gcc-mingw/   libxslt/       rebase/         zip/
cpio/              gdb/         login/         run/            zlib/
cron/              gdbm/        lynx/          rxvt/
crypt/             gettext/     m4/            sed/
curl/              grep/        man/           sharutils/

Sounds like a lot!

-Paul McFerrin