Re: Threading issue in cygwin python 2.5.1-2 ?

Jim Kleckner wrote:
Brian Dessent wrote:
Jim Kleckner wrote:
Running it with idle does give the exception dialog.

I can't seem to grab hold of anything to get a traceback.
Suggestions?

Thanks for providing a testcase. Should be fixed in CVS:
<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2007-q3/msg00013.html>

Before I further debug my other code that stopped working, is it possible that more than just cygwin1.dll is affected by this include file inconsistency and need to be recompiled? In order to track down why it doesn't work, it might be useful to have that patch in a 1.5.24-based dll snapshot to isolate whether the remaining issues are introduced post 1.5.24 or not. I suspect that isn't too convenient though.

I tried the running /lib/python2.5/test/test_thread.py and it hangs at the line below:

*** Changing thread stack size ***
caught expected ValueError setting stack_size(4096)
successfully set stack_size(262144)
successfully set stack_size(1048576)
successfully set stack_size(0)
trying stack_size = 262144