Re: Fwd: Re: "net use" command works locally on the sytem where cygwin is installed but using rsh doesnt work

Jaimin,

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE>.  I've set the Reply-To:
accordingly; please make sure your mailer respects it.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, jaimin bhavsar wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> I went through the link you had sent but no luck, can
> you please let me know how to enable the permissions
> to map the share remotly using rsh.
>
> Thanks
> Jaimin
> Note: forwarded message attached.

That link does not contain instructions on *HOW* to make shares public.
Please see the Microsoft documentation for that (MSDN Knowledgebase would
be a good starting point).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Belief can be manipulated.  Only knowledge is dangerous.  -- Frank Herbert
--- Begin Message ---
Thanks Igor,

Now, as you said after using quotes and extra shashs
for I am able to get correct command on the system,
but now I am getting another error :

System Error 1223 has occured.
The operation was canceled by user

The share I am trying to access is a public share and
I do not require a password to access it.

When I checked Application event logs I get :

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( rshd )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the
necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The
following information is part of the event: rshd: PID
2600: root@nws-bur-121-205 as Administrator: cmd='net
use z: \\\\10.8.121.42\\myshare'.

Thanks
Jaimin