Re: Support for gettext-0.16.1

Tony Anecito wrote:
Okay so there is no mirror that has the gettext 0.16.1
for easy install using setup.exe.

Is there some way to install that version of gettext
under cygwin?

ncftpget ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.16.1.tar.gz tar xvzf gettext-0.16.1.tar.gz cd gettext-0.16.1 configure ## --prefix=/usr if you feel lucky make make install

I was told by another group to stop using cygwin
because it did not support this version of gettext.

That makes sense. Discard 2GB worth of ported software, posix support, and a sane programming environment, because one minor library is a few months out of date.

I think I'd reconsider any "advice" from a group capable of such, erm, short-sighted thinking.

--
Chuck