RE: RE: Re: Possible bug: d does not seem to read ~/.d.conf

On 10 August 2007 17:23, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> * Phil Betts (Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:05:18 +0100)
>> Thorsten Kampe wrote on Friday, August 10, 2007 4:09 PM::
>>> Phil, please, you don't know what you're talking about and you don't
>>> know what I and Ronald were talking about.
>>
>> If you re-read what was posted, you'll find I was totally correct
>> and addressed the points raised:
>
> This was more or less my fault as I did not read Ronald's article
> carefully enough.

  Or to paraphrase, "Oh!  It was *me* who didn't know what Ronald was talking about, not /you/ after all!"

  Phil, I think that's probably the nearest thing to an apology you're going to get.  That 'more or less' qualifier makes it look a bit grudging, I must say, I guess it'll have to do ...

> As a matter of fact I stopped reading his article
> after the line where he says d does not read ~/.d.conf because this
> matched my own experience.

  Bad practice.  Stopping reading the moment your preconceived expectations have been satisfied is a recipe for leading oneself into self-delusion.

    cheers,
      DaveK