Re: cron

Hi Pierre,

Thanks a ton!!! IT'S WORKING. I did the following and it started to work.

$ cron-config
Cron is already installed as a service under account .\test.
Do you want to remove or reinstall it? (yes/no) yes OK. The cron service was
removed.

Do you want to install the cron daemon as a service? (yes/no) service Do you
want to install the cron daemon as a service? (yes/no) yes Enter the value
of CYGWIN for the daemon: [ntsec smbntsec] ntsec

The service can run either as yourself or under a privileged account.
Running as yourself allows better access to network drives, but does not
allow to run the crontab of other users.
On Windows2003 the SYSTEM account cannot setuid to other users.
You need to have or to create a privileged account.
This script will help you do so.
Do you want to the cron daemon to run as yourself? (yes/no) no

The following accounts were found: 'sshd_server' .
This script plans to use sshd_server.
The user will only be able to run as a service.
Do you want to use another name? (yes/no) no

Please enter the password for user 'sshd_server': test
Reenter: test
Running cron_diagnose ...
WARNING: Your computer does not appear to have a cron table for test.
Please generate a cron table for test using 'crontab -e'

... no problem found.

INFO: A cron daemon is already running.

In case of problem, examine the log file for cron, /var/log/cron.log, and
the Windows event log (using /usr/bin/cronevents) for information about the
problem cron is having.

If you cannot fix the problem, then report it to cygwin@cygwin.com.
Please run the script /usr/bin/cronbug and ATTACH its output (the file
cronbug.txt) to your e-mail.
I tried with the following cron jobs and its working fine.

$ crontab -e
* * * * * date > /home/test/date.txt

$ crontab -e
* * * * * /home/test/temp.sh