Re: Cygwin Cron problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "shash" <shashikiran.v>
To: <cygwin>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:39 AM
Subject: Cygwin Cron problem

| Hi,
|
| Before I start, I would like to inform that, I went through all FAQs and
| other threads before posting here.
| I came across this thread where I faced the similar error, but couldn't get
| what they did to resolve it.
|
| http://www.nabble.com/1.5.21-1%3AWindows-2003-Server---Cygwin-Cron-tf2425192.html#a6972241
|
| I 'm trying to schedule a shell script on cygwin using cron. No matter what
| I do I don't seem to get the cron job executing my bash script.
|
| My script is temp.sh
|
| echo `date` > /home/test/temp.log
|
| crontab -e is having the following details
|
| * * * * * sh /home/test/temp.sh > /home/test/temp.sh.err 2>&1
|
| I did use the paths in the script itself and I also used the windows path
| where the cygwin installed(/cygdrive/d/cygwin/).
|
| I also tried using the following by editing the crontab:
|
| * * * * * date > /home/test/date.txt
|
| Still not working. I don't have administrator login. I ran the
| cron_diagnose.sh and it din't give me any errors.

When you run cron_diagnose.sh you should see the following on the screen:
**
If you cannot fix the problem, then report it to cygwin@cygwin.com.
Please run the script /usr/bin/cronbug and ATTACH its output
(the file cronbug.txt) to your e-mail.
**
Please do that after you have tried to launch cron with cron-config.

Pierre