Linux kernel compilation for x86 on Cygwin

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the Linux kernel using the gcc toolchain of cygwin.
This time, I'm trying to compile the kernel for the host machine (x86).

I'm using a managed mountpoint (should I mount the mountpoint with the --executable or --text options too ?) and I have installed gcc-core, gcc-g++, binutils, cpio, make, patch, tar, vim, gettext, libintl and libncurses on cygwin using the setup.exe

However, I'm encountering the following problems.

Any help or suggestion is very welcome.

Many thanks in advance,

Claudio

1) make HOST_LOADLIBES="-lintl"

HOSTCC  scripts/genksyms/parse.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/genksyms/genksyms
  CC      scripts/mod/empty.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig
  MKELF   scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
Error: not ELF
make[2]: *** [scripts/mod/elfconfig.h] Error 1
make[1]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
make: *** [scripts] Error 2

2) make HOST_LOADLIBES="-lintl" menuconfig

$ make HOST_LOADLIBES="-lintl"  menuconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/docproc
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o
In file included from scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.c:24:
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/dialog.h:32:20: curses.h: No such file or directory