Re: the character problem in my cygwin manpage

On Jul 31, 2007, at 1:57 PM, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:

On 7/31/07, sun wrote:
my cygwin man pages are mixed with error characters (such as é éæ).
this is the result of 'man ls', please help to locate the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
LS(1) User Commands LS(1)

NAME
       ls é?list directory contents

SYNOPSIS
       ls [OPTION]... [FILE]...

DESCRIPTION
       List information about the FILEs (the current directory by
default).  Sort entries alphabetically if none
       of éæftuvSUX nor éæåsort.

Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.

       éæ, éæåall
              do not ignore entries starting with .

Does this http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-11/msg00745.html help?

-Jason

this happens on some machines with that option -- mostly with asian language stuff but ALWAYS with japanese text encodings and korean... had that happen at my school for a long time -- eventually we set everything to english and used that stupid IME stuff.

Morgan gangwere
0.fractalus@gmail.com