RE: Compiling a Linux kernel using Cygwin

Cross compiling on Cygwin is not foolish at all. I have two commercial
SDKs set up that way and know of more than a few other people doing just
that. I target both ARM7 and Motorola CPUs. In both cases the SDK
installed on top of my existing Cygwin configuration and just worked.

But you might have some luck finding applicable help on the Digi support
forums <http://www.digi.com/support/forum/>. The Digi ConnectME and
related devices use the ARM7 and are available in configurations
optimized for Linux. Basically they put the CPU, RAM, flash Ethernet and
serial ports all in an RJ-45 connector shell. The original version used
Cygwin and GCC with the NetSilicon NetOS 6 kernel, but due to customer
demand they added options for Linux.

You will find the Linux support forums under Embedded Modules and
Microprocessors.

Bob McConnell