Help needed to access cygwin sshd server (installed on windows) from remote client with putty under windows XP

From: shiliang Wang [mailto:swang@email.unc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:52 PM
To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: Help needed to access cygwin sshd server (installed on windows)
from remote client with putty under windows XP

Hi,
I am new here, I just wonder if someone can help me to access a remote sshd
server with a client machine installed with Putty?
The remote server I tested is in the same lab. Since many people in this lab
need to use this super computer, I try to install a cygwin sshd server on
the super computer to make it a server.
?A: I have already done this part. When I typed ??net start sshd?, it starts
and ?ssh localhost?, it asked me the password. After I gave it password, it
said the connection has been established successfully.
????? I followed the exact the step described by this link:
http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html. It included these steps
???? mkpasswd?? -cl ? > ? /etc/passwd
???? mkgroup ? --local ?? > ? /etc/group
?
B: I installed putty on another machine in the same lab, and tried to
accessed this super computer. I never succeed.
I inputted IP address of the super computer and keep all of the rest
parameters default.
It always said timeout. Never log on the server.

Both super computer and putty are installed under windows XP professional.

Any helps and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Shiliang