RE: Permission umask problem?

On 19 July 2007 13:07, Simón wrote:

> Brian Dessent wrote:
>> Simón wrote:
>>

>>> I´m having a problem with the permission masks applied to my files in
>>> cygwin. For example, if I untar a file with php files, my cygwin system
>>> writes them as:
>>>
>>> -rwx------
>>>

>> I can think of three things that would cause this: $CYGWIN containing
>> nontsec, a FAT/network volume, or having a non-Cygwin tar in the PATH.
>> And all three of these things would have been spotted in the cygcheck
>> output, so it's not like we ask for people to include this just for the
>> fun of it.
>>
> Ooops, sorry. Here it is.

  Well, it aint #1 or #3.  What's curious is:

c:  hd  NTFS    105175Mb  56% CP CS UN PA FC
d:  cd             N/A    N/A
e:  hd  NTFS     93040Mb  74% CP CS UN PA FC     Files
f:  fd             N/A    N/A
g:  fd             N/A    N/A
h:  fd             N/A    N/A
i:  fd             N/A    N/A
j:  cd             N/A    N/A

... do you really have four floppy drives called F: to I:?

  And, exactly *which* directory are you trying to unpack in?  And what does
"getfacl -a -d <dirname>" show you for that dir?

    cheers,
      DaveK