Re: hacked package on server

Brian Mathis wrote:
In this case, a user running an installer is in the frame of mind of
*installing* things, not *skipping* things.

Perhaps this is in your case, certainly not everyone in this mailing list.

So when they are asked a
question, they should be asked questions about *installing*, not
*skipping*, and the answers should be taken in that context.  "Yes"
should do the install, while "No" should not.  Switching the context
to "skipping" causes the type of confusion that is going on here.

The OP said:

> "Do you want to skip the package?" and has a yes and no button.
> I read it quickly and pressed no before thinking about it"
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you see, it's a problem of thought. The UI message *is* very clear.

One simply needs to think before acting.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City