Re: vista rsh problem

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 5 18:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 5 18:00, goetz fischer wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Another Cygwin box.
not the best test i'd say.
As valid as any other test. Did you try against a Cygwin box?
so much for that ;-)
[...]

So much for useful problem reports. I tried it with a rsh/rlogin server on a RHEL4 machine and I could reproduce the hang. It turned out that it has nothing to do with rsh, but with rlogin. It has nothing to do with Cygwin from CVS, but it also happens with the current 1.5.24 and older releases. It has nothing to do with Vista, it also happens on other Windows versions.

The problem is a race condition in rlogin when setting the tty mode to
!ECHO/!ICANON which for some reason only occurs in the standard Windows
console in notty mode.  I've uploaded a new version of inetutils which
hopefully fixes this problem.

Corinna

-- ah-consulting.net Götz Fischer Senior Consultant Phone: +49(0)7225/98 98 79 Fax: +49(0)7225/28 64 eMail: g.fischer@ah-consulting.net http://www.ah-consulting.net http://www.ah-webhosting.com