Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: brltty 3.8

On 7/3/07, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Corinna Vinschen, le Tue 03 Jul 2007 09:54:24 +0200, a écrit :
> For using local named pipes you don't need winsock anyway, and for
> remote connections you should use Cygwin sockets.

And mixing both is quite difficult.  Anyhow, I'll only enable cygwin
sockets and hope the latency is sufficient for users.

I still feel that if you had latency problems using TCP it was either a bug in your program, or a bug in your protocol (you are the author of the protocol, right?), or a bug in cygwin. Is there a way I can investigate this without needing special braille hardware (like, is there some kind of "dummy" driver that sends the braille to the console or something). Or, do you have a simplified testcase that exhibits this latency you are concerned about?

Lev